View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Publication Scheme – Guide to Information
Under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) we are required to publish information as well as respond to requests. This is called the publication scheme duty. We must make information available to the public so that it can be accessed without having to ask for it.
The scheme is designed to ensure that authorities meet their obligation to take account of the public interest in providing access to the following information:
- Class 1: About Aberdeenshire Council
- Class 2: How we deliver our functions and services
- Class 3: How we take decisions and what we have decided
- Class 4: What we spend and how we spend it
- Class 5: How we manage our human, physical and information resources
- Class 6: How we procure goods and services from external providers
- Class 7: How we are performing
- Class 8: Our commercial publications - we don't hold any information within this class
- Class 9: Our open data