Local Development Plan 2021 – Main Issues Report
To support the preparation of the Local Development Plan (LDP) the publication of a range of documents are required including the Main Issues Report (MIR). The document highlights and explains possible changes to the Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan 2017 to inform the content of the Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan 2021. It is drawn from initial reviews of the existing plan and a Monitoring Statement (pdf 2.39MB). It also summarises the evidence base for the plan and focuses on the wider impact of the plan on the area and population.
The Main Issues Report consultation ran from 14th January to 8th April 2019, and a number of drop in sessions were held across Aberdeenshire during the consultation period. Approximately 1200 submissions were received.
The Main Issues Report consultation is now closed and no further submissions will be accepted.
Officers are now in the process of assessing the submissions from the Main Issues Report consultation to help us prepare a Proposed Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan which is likely to be published in late 2019. The Proposed Local Development Plan will be presented to Area Committees and at seminars prior to its publication.
A map-based, interactive Main Issues Report has been created to allow greater and easier interaction with the area's bids received and Main Issues identified. View our Interactive Main Issues Report.
A short film has been produced on the Main Issues Report.
Main Issues Report consultation
View Main Issues Report documents:
- The Main Issues Report (pdf 10MB)
- Appendix Banff and Buchan (pdf 3.44MB)
- Appendix Buchan (pdf 4.48MB)
- Appendix Formartine (pdf 6.60MB)
- Appendix Garioch Part 1 (6.10MB), Garioch Part 2 (pdf 6.23MB)
- Appendix Kincardine and Mearns Part 1 (pdf 6.50MB), Kincardine and Mearns Part 2 (pdf 7.18MB)
- Appendix Marr (pdf 9.40MB)
Information contained in the report appendixes is based on 'bids' received from landowners and developers for land to be included in the Local Development Plan.
Along with the Main Issues Report we have also published:
A Draft Proposed Local Development Plan has been published to support our findings and preferred options coming from the main issues. This is provided for information and has no material role in decision making at this time.
Strategic Environmental Assessment
As part of the preparation of the Local Development Plan (LDP) 2021, we prepared an Interim Environmental Statement from the Strategic Environmental Assessment. This is based on the following site specific assessments of the sustainability of development sites within settlements:
- Interim Environmental Report for the Strategic Environmental Assessment (pdf 4.28MB)
- Banff and Buchan settlements (pdf 636KB)
- Buchan settlements (pdf 1.10MB)
- Formartine settlements (pdf 2.77MB)
- Garioch settlements (pdf 2.31MB)
- Kincardine and Mearns settlements (pdf 2.30MB)
- Marr settlements (pdf 1.37MB)