Local Development Plan 2021 – Main Issues Report
To support the preparation of the Local Development Plan (LDP) the publication of a range of documents are required including the Main Issues Report (MIR). The document highlights and explains possible changes to the Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan 2017 to inform the content of the Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan 2021. It is drawn from initial reviews of the existing plan and a Monitoring Statement (pdf 2.39MB). It also summarises the evidence base for the plan and focuses on the wider impact of the plan on the area and population.
Officers have completed assessing the 8378 comments made in 1085 valid submissions from the Main Issues Report consultation.
We have produced a short video on the Main Issues Report.
Main Issues Report consultation
The Main Issues Report comprised of 1 document with 6 appendixes:
- The Main Issues Report (pdf 10MB)
- Appendix 1 - Banff and Buchan settlement (pdf 3.44MB)
- Appendix 2 - Buchan settlement (pdf 4.48MB)
- Appendix 3 - Formartine settlement (pdf 6.60MB)
- Appendix 4 part 1 - Garioch settlement (6.10MB)
- Appendix 4 part 2 - Garioch settlement (pdf 6.23MB)
- Appendix 5 part 1 - Kincardine and Mearns settlement (pdf 6.50MB)
- Appendix 5 part 2 - Kincardine and Mearns settlement (pdf 7.18MB)
- Appendix 6 - Marr settlement (pdf 9.40MB)
A map-based, interactive Main Issues Report has been created to allow greater and easier interaction with the area's bids received and main issues identified.
The Draft Local Development Plan
A Draft Proposed Local Development Plan was published to support our findings and preferred options coming from the main issues. This is provided for information and has no material role in decision making at this time.
Bids made by potential developers
Information contained in the report appendixes is based on 'bids' received from landowners and developers for land to be included in the Local Development Plan.
Appraisals and assessments
Along with the Main Issues Report we also published:
As part of the preparation of the Local Development Plan (LDP) 2021, we prepared an Interim Environmental Statement from the Strategic Environmental Assessment. This is based on the following site specific assessments of the sustainability of development sites within settlements:
- Interim Environmental Report for the Strategic Environmental Assessment (pdf 4.28MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of bid sites - Banff and Buchan (pdf 636KB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of bid sites - Buchan (pdf 1.10MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of bid sites - Formartine (pdf 2.77MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of bid sites - Garioch (pdf 2.31MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of bid sites - Kincardine and Mearns (pdf 2.30MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of bid sites - Marr (pdf 1.37MB)