Coronavirus (COVID-19)

View updates on coronavirus and council services

Order birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates

View Registrars services during the Coronavirus outbreak.

You can order a copy of birth, marriage, civil partnership and death certificates. Legally, these certificates are called extracts. You can use them to replace an original certificate if it's lost or damaged.

We can provide certificates for any event registered in Scotland from 1855 onwards.

If the event was registered outwith Aberdeenshire in the last 12 months, please phone one of our registration offices before ordering a copy. We will quickly confirm whether or not we can issue the certificate. If we can't, we will provide you with contact details for the local authority who will be able to assist you. 

Please note we aren't able to provide certificates registered outwith Scotland. You can order English and Welsh certificates from GOV.UK website and you can order Northern Irish certificates from the NI direct website.

Order certificates