Council operated A2B dial-a-bus services
A2B dial-a-bus is a pre-booked minibus service providing travel for shopping or to access other local services or facilities. In most cases a door-to-door service is provided, operating during weekdays. The service is free to use. Transport bookings are accepted up to a week before travel or up to a fortnight for health-related trips. Bookings must be made no later than the day before travel.
Who qualifies to use A2B services
If there is no other suitable bus service in the area anyone can use A2B dial-a-bus whatever their age or ability. If there is alternative public transport, A2B dial-a-bus is provided for older and disabled residents. To find out if you qualify to become a member of your local A2B service contact A2B at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01467 535 333.
The following council operated A2B dial-a-bus services are operational:
- Alford - Lumsden - Huntly A2B (includes Auchleven, Kennethmont and Leslie)
- Alford Town A2B
- Banchory Town A2B
- Deeside A2B (includes Crathes, Drumoak, Durris, Inchmarlo, Lumphanan and Torphins)
- Ellon Town A2B (includes Collieston on Tuesday mornings and Methlick on Thursday afternoons)
- Fraserburgh Town and Rural A2B (includes Inverallochy, Lonmay, New Pitsligo, Rathen, Rosehearty, Sandhaven and Strichen)
- Huntly A2B (includes Gartly, Drumblade, Forgue and Huntly town)
- Inverurie Rural A2B (includes Auchleven, Hatton of Fintray, Insch, Kemnay, Kintore, Leslie, Oldmeldrum, Oyne and Rothienorman)
- Inverurie Town A2B
- Kincardine and Mearns A2B (includes Auchenblae, Cammachmore, Catterline, Cookney, Downies, Drumlithie, Fettercairn, Findon, Gourdon, Inverbervie, Johnshaven, Kirkton of Durris, Kirkton of Maryculter, Laurencekirk, Luthermuir, Muchalls, Netherley, Newtonhill, Portlethen, St Cyrus and Stonehaven)
- Peterhead A2B (includes Cruden Bay and Hatton)
- Stonehaven Town A2B
- Turriff Rural A2B (includes Auchterless, Crudie, New Byth, Cuminestown and Greeness)
- Turriff Town A2B
- Westhill A2B (includes Echt, Dunecht, Garlogie and Kirkton of Skene)
To request an information leaflet for any of the A2B services, including their operating days and times, or to find out more about how the services work email email@example.com or phone A2B on 01467 535 333.
Turriff A2B services are supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
Service operation is subject to government guidance and may change at short notice.
Passengers are strongly recommended to wear a face mask when using the service.
Subject to any public health guidance, drivers may provide passengers with assistance in boarding and alighting the vehicle.