The Aberdeenshire TaxiCard Scheme ends on the 24th April 2021.
New applications for TaxiCards that require an Occupational Therapy assessment to confirm eligibility are not being accepted because assessments cannot be completed before the scheme end date. Applications that can be assessed more quickly will be accepted up to 31st March 2021.
View further information about the TaxiCard Scheme withdrawal (pdf 99KB).
- Who can apply
- How to apply for a TaxiCard
- Available discounts
- TaxiCard operator list (pdf 133KB)
- Data Protection Notice
You are eligible if you are permanently resident in Aberdeenshire for at least 32 weeks every year and you meet the following criteria:
- You are in receipt of Higher Mobility component Disability Living Allowance (or you would be, but you are precluded because you are permanently resident in long stay hospital)
- You are in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and awarded either 8 points or more for" moving around" or 12 points or more for "planning and following journeys"
- You receive War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- You are registered blind or partially sighted
Persons with a temporary disability and children under the age of two are not eligible.
To apply, or to request further information about the scheme:
Telephone: 03456 08 12 08
Passenger Transport Unit
Visit any service point with supporting documentation
When applying for a TaxiCard you will need to provide:
- Proof of eligibility - this should be a benefit award letter dated within the last 12 months
- A passport-sized photo (if you don't have a National Entitlement Card)
View the available discounts under this scheme:
- For journeys costing up to £10: the passenger pays one half of the normal fare
- For journeys costing over £10: the passenger pays the full fare less £5
Up to three companions are entitled to travel with the TaxiCard holder, at no additional charge.
TaxiCard holders are entitled to travel at half of the normal adult standard single, day return or saver fare on all rail services operating within and between Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen, and beyond to/from Nairn and Montrose. Please note that these discounted fares are only available from manned stations and on-train staff.
Holders of a Blind Persons TaxiCard travel free on rail services operating within the boundary of the national travel scheme.
TaxiCards remain the property of Aberdeenshire Council and are subject to the conditions of use outlined in the application process and TaxiCard User Guide, which is issued to TaxiCard holders.
The Council reserves the right to alter the level and/or availability of TaxiCard travel concessions, by insertion of a public notice in local newspapers circulating within the area of the scheme, not less than 4 weeks before the date of any change