View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Roads, transport and travel during coronavirus
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), we might have to introduce changes to our services depending on staffing levels and the government guidance.
On this page you can find out about the current arrangements as well as advice for the following:
- Roads maintenance and repairs
- Car parking charges
- A2B services
- National Entitlement Cards (NEC)
- Transport to Healthcare Information Centre
- Guidance on public transport use
- Guidance on cycling to work
- Walking safely and social distancing
If you are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can have this information translated via contactSCOTLAND-BSL, the online British Sign Language interpreting service.
We maintain critical activities:
- Roads winter maintenance (gritting and snow clearing)
- Roads emergency repairs (really dangerous defects)
You can continue to report road condition faults. We are focused on delivering essential services so defects may not be repaired within our normal timescales and some activities may be significantly delayed.
During this period, when submitting a defect report, it is essential that you provide contact details and where possible a photo. This helps us in assessing the defect risk efficiently.
Mud and debris on our road network from agricultural activities will not be dispersed as quickly due to reduced vehicle numbers on the road. We advise drivers to take extra care.
Parking charges are to be reintroduced at pay and display car-parks from week beginning Monday, 4th January 2021.
View a list of A2B dial-a-bus services which are operational.
All NEC applications are being processed again.
The Transport to Healthcare Information Centre (THInC) advice service is still open providing advice on travel to health appointments in Grampian. To get in touch please call 01467 665568 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THInC is working with partners to coordinate NHS hospital staff and patient transport services.
Cycling UK has wide-ranging guidance on cycling safety and on-road best behaviours, as well as comprehensive online tutorials on bike maintenance.
View Cycling UK's guidance on:
- Cycling to works for beginners
- Cycling tips: Essential riding advice for beginners
- Top ten tips for cycling in traffic
- Roadside repairs
- How to adjust your bicycle brakes
- Adjusting your gears
- How to repair a broken bicycle chain
- How to repair a puncture
- Setting up tubeless tyres
- Simple tips to keep your bike in shape
Physical activity is very important during the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), in order to guarantee physical and mental health. View online guidance from several organisation’s webpages:
- Walking during periods of social distancing
- Walking for health
- Walking, cycling and wheeling during COVID-19 in Scotland