Volunteer snow wardens
We introduced the Volunteer Snow Warden Scheme to actively support members of the local community who wish to offer their spare time to manually clear snow from publicly-adopted footways and footpaths.
The scheme runs from approximately 1st November to 31st March. It requires groups of volunteers to nominate a snow warden leader who is responsible for carrying out duties assigned to them by the scheme.
To find out more about becoming a volunteer snow warden team member or leader, view our Snow Warden Scheme - welcome pack (pdf 339KB). It also includes instructions on how to apply. Part of the application process includes taking council-approved Snow Warden Scheme - training (pdf 197KB).
Snow warden leaders can return their application form to their local Roads office by email:
- Banff and Buchan: email@example.com
- Buchan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Formartine: email@example.com
- Garioch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kincardine and Mearns: email@example.com
- Marr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can post it or deliver it in person to one of the drop off points.