Integrated Travel Towns
Following the success of the council's Peterhead Cycle Demonstration Town project, we are working with communities in Huntly, Inverurie, Fraserburgh, Portlethen and Ellon to help support more sustainable and active travel in these towns.
The Integrated Travel Town (ITT) project, supported by Sustrans and Paths for All, engaged with local communities to develop ideas which have informed a masterplan of proposals. The council will aim to deliver these proposals.
The ITT masterplans set out a number of proposals, from infrastructure developments designed to support more active and integrated travel, to softer interventions such as mapping, signage, events and promotional activities, which are hoped will have a wider community benefit.
Masterplans and consultation booklets
- Ellon ITT Masterplan (pdf 1.09MB)
- Fraserburgh ITT Masterplan (pdf 1.05MB)
- Huntly ITT Masterplan (pdf 1.05MB)
- Inverurie ITT Masterplan (pdf 989KB)
- Portlethen ITT Masterplan (pdf 1.06MB)
You can also view the booklets used in our initial consultation in 2015:
- Consultation Booklet Fraserburgh (pdf 2.09MB)
- Consultation Booklet Huntly (pdf 2.17MB)
- Consultation Booklet Ellon (pdf 2.04MB)
- Consultation Booklet Portlethen (pdf 1.95MB)
- Consultation Booklet Inverurie (pdf 2.09MB)
If you wish to request a paper copy of a masterplan, please contact us.
Integrated Travel Towns project video