Markethill Primary, Turriff
Aberdeenshire Council's Education and Children's Services have identified that Markethill Primary School in Turriff will not be able to cope with the rising roll in the near future. As a result of this it has been agreed that a replacement Markethill Primary School will be built in the town.
To date a series of stakeholder meeting have been held with members of the Turriff community. Below you will find two of the presentations that were delivered at the Stakeholder meetings which discuss the potential site options for the school; and minutes from the June 2011 stakeholder meeting.
- 2011-06-14 Markethill Stakeholder Briefing (pdf 1.2MB)
- Markethill Stakeholder Group Minutes 14.6.2011 (word 75kb)
- 2011-08-17 Markethill Stakeholder Briefing (pdf 670kb)
This will give you an idea of the next stages of the development, and some of the key events that need to take place.
- Gateway 1: Policy & Resources Committee on 15 September 2011 to agree project parameters, preferred site option and budget costs
- Gateway 2: Design development and report to P&R Committee.
- Community Consultation Events regarding Community, Sport and Leisure facilities
- Major Development Planning Application - Public Consultation Meeting
- Gateway 3: Design taken forward, Planning Application and tendering process and appointment of Contractor
- Formal Planning Application to be submitted
- Gateway 4: 2015-16 Construction and delivery of project. Occupancy 2017
Consultation under the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010
A consultation was recently held regarding whether relocating the current primary school would deliver educational benefits. The Education and Children's Services Committee have approved the recommendation that a replacement primary should be built in Turriff.