Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra course
Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra (AYO) holds an annual course locally for two years and as a tour abroad every third year:
The next Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra course will take place in Belgium from 20th to 26th June 2018. The course provides an opportunity for young musicians to gain orchestral experience.
Rayburn Tours are organising the trip and are ABTA bonded and ATOL protected.
There will be two performances in Belgium as well as a concert in Aberdeenshire on our return. Rehearsals will take place in Inverurie on 9th and 10th June 2018. We do not offer accommodation for the rehearsals.
There are places available in violin and viola only. All other sections are full.
You can apply for the Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra course if you have achieved or are working towards Grade 5 standard. We will offer applicants an audition.
If you are invited for audition please prepare an unaccompanied piece of your choice and one excerpt from the our orchestral excerpt list:
- Flute excerpts (pdf 433KB)
- Oboe excerpts (pdf 1.11MB)
- Clarinet excerpts (pdf 606KB)
- Bassoon excerpts (pdf 580KB)
- Alto Saxophone excerpts (pdf 2.87MB)
- Tenor Saxophone excerpts (pdf 1.06MB)
- French Horn excerpts (pdf 351KB)
- Trumpet excerpts (pdf 419KB)
- Trombone excerpts (pdf 567KB)
- Tuba excerpts (pdf 741KB)
- Percussion excerpts (pdf 1.38MB)
- Violin excerpts (pdf 1.88MB)
- Viola excerpts (pdf 1.12MB)
- Cello excerpts (pdf 2.52MB)
- Double Bass excerpts (pdf 2.93MB)
The cost of the course is £595 and includes coach travel, ferry, accommodation and meals on a half-board basis. There is a contingency for unplanned additional costs. The price depends on passenger numbers and may be adjusted if there are not enough numbers.
View payment amounts and due dates:
- £125 following a successful audition
- Full balance due ten weeks prior to departure