Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra course
Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra (AYO) holds an annual course locally for 2 years and as a tour abroad every third year:
The next Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra course will take place at the University of Aberdeen, Hillhead Student Village from 20th to 23rd June 2019. The course provides an opportunity for young musicians to gain orchestral experience.
The orchestra will present a concert at 5pm on Sunday 23rd June 2018. The conductor will be Susan Dingle. An experienced team of instrumental tutors will staff the course. During the residential course rehearsals take place morning, afternoon and evening with suitable breaks and social activities.
The cost of the course is £245 (residential) or £112 (non-residential). The residential fee includes overnight accommodation, all meals, tuition and transport to the concert venue. The non-residential fee includes lunch, dinner and tuition. The sum is payable in 3 instalments.
|30th November 2018 - Deposit||£145||£52|
|8th February 2019||£50||£30|
|5th April 2019||£50||£30|
You can apply for the Aberdeenshire Youth Orchestra course if you have achieved or are working towards Grade 5 standard.
We will offer applicants an audition at one of the following locations:
- Friday, 9th November 2018 4pm to 8pm - Mintlaw
- Saturday, 10th November 201, 9am to 1pm – Inverurie
If you are invited for audition please prepare an unaccompanied piece of your choice and one excerpt from the our orchestral excerpt list:
- Flute excerpts (pdf 433KB)
- Oboe excerpts (pdf 1.11MB)
- Clarinet excerpts (pdf 606KB)
- Bassoon excerpts (pdf 580KB)
- Alto Saxophone excerpts (pdf 2.87MB)
- Tenor Saxophone excerpts (pdf 1.06MB)
- French Horn excerpts (pdf 351KB)
- Trumpet excerpts (pdf 419KB)
- Trombone excerpts (pdf 567KB)
- Tuba excerpts (pdf 741KB)
- Percussion excerpts (pdf 1.38MB)
- Violin excerpts (pdf 1.88MB)
- Viola excerpts (pdf 1.12MB)
- Cello excerpts (pdf 2.52MB)
- Double Bass excerpts (pdf 2.93MB)
Existing members may apply for a discretionary place without audition unless they wish to be considered for a principal string position. Priority is given to applicants who attend for audition. Discretionary places are allocated after the above auditions have taken place.