Music tuition fees
We make a significant contribution to the instrumental tuition costs. We ask you to pay a small annual fee towards the overall cost of tuition. There are different fees for individual and group tuition.
We will inform you of any changes which will take effect from the start of the next term.
View information about tuition fees:
- Standard fees
- Discount for siblings
- Term and payment request dates 2018 -2019
- Payment dates
View annual fees for session 2018/19:
- £328 (£82 per ten week period) for individual tuition
- £220 (£55 per ten week period) for group tuition
A 20 percent discount is available when two or more siblings are paying for tuition. The discount applies to each child. You must register each sibling under the same parent or guardian to receive the discount.
View discounted fees for session 2018/19:
- £262.40 (£65.60 per ten week period) for individual tuition
- £176.00 (£44.00 per ten week period) for group tuition
If tuition changes from group to individual (due to others dropping out) we will charge you the individual fee from the start of the next term.
Pupils registered for free school meals do not have to pay music tuition fees.
Senior pupils (S4 to S6) who receive tuition on an instrument for an SQA course will not have to pay fees from the August in the year in which they start the course.
For the purpose of tuition fees the session will be divided into four 10 week periods (not including holidays).
We divide music tuition fees into four 10 week periods. Payment dates for the school year 2018 to 2019 are:
- 15 Aug 2018 for period 1 (20 August 2018 to 9 November 2018)
- 24 Oct 2018 for period 2 (12 November 2018 to 1 February 2019)
- 16 Jan 2019 for period 3 (4 February 2019 to 26 April 2019)
- 10 April 2019 for period 4 (29 April 2019 to 5 July 2019)