Music tuition fees
We make a significant contribution to the instrumental tuition costs. We ask you to pay a small annual fee towards the overall cost of tuition. There are different fees for individual and group tuition.
We will inform you of any changes which will take effect from the start of the next term.
View information about tuition fees:
View annual fees for session 2017/18:
- £316 (£79 per ten week period) for individual tuition
- £212 (£53 per ten week period) for group tuition
A 20 percent discount is available when two or more siblings are paying for tuition. The discount applies to each child. You must register each sibling under the same parent or guardian to receive the discount.
View discounted fees for session 2017/18:
- £252.80 (£63.20 per ten week period) for individual tuition
- £169.60 (£42.40 per ten week period) for group tuition
If tuition changes from group to individual (due to others dropping out) we will charge you the individual fee from the start of the next term.
Pupils registered for free school meals do not have to pay music tuition fees.
Senior pupils (S4 to S6) who receive tuition on an instrument for an SQA course will not have to pay fees from the August in the year in which they start the course.
We divide music tuition fees into four 10 week periods. Payment dates for the school year 2017 to 2018 are:
- 16 August 2017 for period 1 (21 August 2017 to 10 November 2017)
- 25 October 2017 for period 2 (13 November 2017 to 2 February 2018)
- 17 January 2018 for period 3 (5 February 2018 to 27 April 2018)
- 11 April 2018 for period 4 (30 April 2018 to 6 July 2018)