Developing Motor Skills
These pages have been developed in conjunction with NHS Grampian and are designed to offer guidance on how to help your child develop key hand skills, balancing and body awareness through activities and play.
See an overview of the pages and advice and tips on getting started.
How to help your child with play and hand skills:
- Under 12 months
- At around the 1 to 2 year level
- At around the 2 to 3 year level
- At around the 3 to 5 year level
How to help your child with Gross Motor skills:
- Body awareness
- Planning and organising
- Develop gross motor skills
- Using two sides of body together
How to help your child with Fine Motor skills:
How to help your child with self care:
How to help your child with play: