Carer Support Organisations

We are responsible for supporting unpaid adult and young carers. This page provides information about carer support services.

Aberdeenshire carer support organisations 

We work in partnership with, or commission services from, organisations to support unpaid carers in Aberdeenshire. These organisations offer impartial advice, information and support on all aspects of caring.

VSA carer support service

VSA provide an Carer Support Service for unpaid adult carers and young carers in Aberdeenshire.

Advocacy North East

Advocacy North East provide independent advocacy services to Aberdeenshire carers. They support people to understand and make decisions and to have their say.


PAMIS works in partnership with people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and their carers by providing advice, support and information.

Alzheimer Scotland

Alzheimer Scotland provides a wide range of specialist services for people with dementia and their carers. They offer:

  • personalised support services
  • community activities
  • information and advice

Carer support in other council areas

If the person you care for lives outwith Aberdeenshire, in another local authority area, you need to contact the carer support service for that area. The council where the cared-for person lives is responsible for supporting adult carers.

Carer support services for neighbouring Aberdeenshire areas are:

For young carers, the council where the carer lives will normally be responsible for providing support. This may vary slightly for some local authority areas.

Contact your local carer support service for more information. If you're not sure which carer support service is responsible in your situation email for details.