Our Kinship Care service assesses and supports the carer and child as a family, known as the kinship family. As well as promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people.
We have a duty to assess and support kinship carers who care for children who are looked after and housed through an arrangement by Aberdeenshire Council, known as Looked After and Accommodated, and are under formal Looked After Child reviews. We have a dedicated Kinship Care team to do assessments and give help and learning opportunities to kinship carers.
You can find out more information about our duties and responsibilities in The Looked After Children (Scotland) Regulations 2009 and at Getting it Right for Every Child in Kinship and Foster Care.
What we offer
The Kinship Care service can offer you:
- assessments for approval as kinship carers
- financial support for approved kinship carers
- a duty referral service for Aberdeenshire kinship carers - a one stop shop to answer your kinship related queries
- advice and guidance
- help to establish peer support groups and local drop-in events
- programmes of support and learning for carers
- information about other relevant services and organisations
We run a telephone duty referral service to answer any kinship related queries. This service is available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Call us on 01467 538501 or email us at email@example.com.
You can also write to the Team Manager:
Kinship Care Team
Turriff Resource Centre
10 Hatton Road
Turriff, AB53 4LF