Apply for a Blue Badge
On this page you can find out how much a Blue Badge costs, the documents you need to provide and how to submit your application for a Blue Badge. Check who is eligible for a Blue Badge.
Cost of a Blue Badge
There is a charge of £20 for each badge issued.
You are not required to send payment with your application. Once your application is approved we will contact you by email or post to let you know how to make payment.
When a Blue Badge expires
Your Blue Badge is not renewed automatically. You need to reapply for it every time, when your current badge expires. Your eligibility will be checked every time you reapply. This is to make sure you can still get a Blue Badge.
We recommend applying for a new Blue Badge 12 weeks before your existing badge expires.
It is an offence to use an expired badge.
We will not issue a Blue Badge if you do not provide adequate evidence that you meet the eligibility requirements.
What you must provide
When applying for a Blue Badge you must provide:
- proof of identity such as a birth certificate or passport
- proof of address dated in the last 6 months, such as a utility bill
- a recent passport-style photograph of the person applying
What you should provide
Evidence is required to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the Blue Badge you apply for. You can provide a copy of any prescriptions or medical letters you may have, or other supporting documents relating to your health or disability.
If you qualify for the following, you should include proof with your application:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Child Disability Payment
- Adult Disability Payment
How to apply or re-apply
There are different ways you can apply for a Blue Badge:
- by using a paper application form
- by phone on 03456 081208
View Blue Badge privacy notice (PDF 38KB).
If you are applying for a Blue Badge under the risk in traffic criteria or on behalf of an organisation you won't be able to apply online. Please apply using a paper application form.
When applying online you can upload supporting documents as part of the form.
To apply on paper please complete the appropriate application form (you can also collect a copy from our service points):
- Automatic eligibility application form (PDF 290KB)
- Unable to walk or virtually unable to walk application form (PDF 301KB)
- Child under three years old application form (PDF 229KB)
- Driver with severe disability in both arms application form (PDF 257KB)
- Risk in Traffic application form (PDF 293KB)
- Organisation application form (PDF 295KB)
Completed forms with supporting documents should be either:
- emailed to email@example.com
- posted to PO Box 18533, Inverurie, AB51 5WX
- dropped off at one of our service points
When you will get your Blue Badge
If you qualify for a Blue Badge without further assessment and you have provided all the information required, you should get your badge in approximately ten working days from the date we receive your payment.
If you need an assessment to establish your eligibility it can take up to twelve weeks to get your badge.
Blue Badge application scams
We are aware that there are scam websites offering to help people apply for a Blue Badge. Before processing an application form please make sure you are on a verified council or government website.
We do not ask for payment upfront. We charge £20 for each successful application, and will contact you regarding taking payment once your application is successful.
Telephone: 03456 081208
Post: PO Box 18533, Inverurie, AB51 5WX