Jarvis Court respite flat
Jarvis Court is a modern purpose built development of very sheltered housing complex for older people and people with complex care needs.
We lease and furnish a flat at Jarvis Court to provide a short break respite service, so we can work out if there is a need for this type of facility.
Short break respite accommodation is provided to give you the opportunity to have a relaxed and enjoyable break away from your normal routine, with the support and care you need.
There are various reasons why you may wish to make use of a short break respite facility, such as:
- you, your carer, or family may need a break or holiday
- an occasional break may help you feel more able to stay in your own home
- the flat can be used to sample life in very sheltered housing, if this type of accommodation would be more suitable to your needs
The flat at Jarvis Court is self-contained and spacious. It has its own front door giving you independence and privacy during your stay.
It is attractively furnished and the accommodation includes:
- two bedrooms
- bathroom (with shower area)
- fully equipped kitchen, including microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery
The flat is suitable for people with disabilities. There are also separate bathing facilities within the complex to cater for a range of needs.
Facilities and support
Facilities and support available at Jarvis Court include:
- experienced staff
- call bell system, if you need help
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- lunch, provided daily in the dining room
- specialised day services, 5 days per week
- separate bathing facilities catering for a range of needs
- laundry service
- large spacious lounge and dining room overlooking landscaped gardens
- social, recreational and educational activities
You are encouraged to be as independent as possible during your break. You are welcome to take part in the social activities which take place regularly.
Additional support and care
Staff help you and your family in carefully planning and organising the correct amount of support and care before your arrival, to make your stay at Jarvis Court enjoyable and relaxing. Help from Health Care staff can also be arranged.
There is a charge for using the flat. This is set at an affordable level to encourage people who need a short break or respite to make use of the facilities at Jarvis Court.
If you are interested in short break respite at Jarvis Court a Care Manager can visit you to discuss your needs and make sure this service is right for you. Staff can also arrange for you to visit Jarvis Court to look around the complex and the short break respite flat.
For more information, to find out the cost of using the flat, or an informal chat please contact the Service Coordinator on 01346 511802.
Christian Watt Drive