View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee
The Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee is a strategic partnership responsible for the development, publication, dissemination, implementation and evaluation of adult protection policy and practice across the public, private and third sector organisations. The Committee is part of a larger framework of Public Protection arrangements in Aberdeenshire.
The overall aim is the prevention of harm to adults at risk. The Committee aims to:
- evaluate staff, partners and the public’s knowledge of adult protection legislation and develop effective training
- raise awareness by giving information and advice to professionals and the wider community
- develop, review and audit procedures for inter-agency working and adult protection policies and strategies
- develop and introduce arrangements to audit and disseminate adult protection local activity
- consult with people using the service and the public about adult protection inter-agency services
- develop links and promote joint working with appropriate organisations and groups
The Committee was established after the Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 was implemented. It meets 5 times a year.
Committee members are from:
- Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership
- Housing Service (Aberdeenshire Council)
- Police Scotland
- NHS Grampian
- Ambulance Service
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- the Care Inspectorate
- Advocacy North East
- Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action
- third sector organisations
The Committee is legally required to have an independent chair. Susan Maclaren chairs both this Committee and the Aberdeenshire Child Protection Committee.
The Committee is accountable to the public. Every 2 years the Committee reports to the Scottish Government, publishing a biennial report. The Committee also produces an Aberdeenshire adult protection Action Plan every 2 years. View the biennial report and the latest action plan.
Grampian Adult Protection Working Group
The Committee works closely with adult protection partners across Grampian. This is achieved through the Grampian Adult Protection Working Group, a permanent sub-group of the Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee.
The Grampian Group co-ordinates work assessed as a Grampian priority for the Committee. It also encourages and promotes joint working and sharing of good practice.
Adult Protection Network
Oldmeldrum Business Centre