Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee
The Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee has responsibility for:
- monitoring and advising on adult protection procedures
- making sure appropriate cooperation between agencies
- improving the skills and knowledge of those with a responsibility for the protection of adults at risk
The Committee was established in October 2008 after the implementation of the Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007.
The Committee is made up of members from senior managers in our Housing and Social Work Service, Police Scotland, NHS Grampian, the Care Inspectorate and third sector organisations.
Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee aims to:
- Make sure staff, partners and the public’s knowledge of adult protection legislation are evaluated and effective training is developed
- Raise awareness by giving information and advice to professionals and the wider community
- Develop, review and audit procedures for inter-agency working to protect adults at risk
- Develop, review and audit policies and strategies for protecting adults at risk
- Develop and introduce arrangements to audit and disseminate local activity with regard to protecting of adult at risk
- Consult with people who use the service and the public about inter-agency services for the protection of adults at risk
- Develop links and promote joint working with relevant organisations and groups
The Committee is accountable to the public. It presents regular reports to relevant groups and committees. Every two years the Committee reports to the Scottish Government, through the publication of a biennial report:
- Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee Biennial Report 2014 to 2016 (pdf 1.26MB)
- Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee Biennial Report 2012 to 2014 (pdf 1.99Mb)
- Aberdeenshire Adult Protection Committee Biennial Report 2010 to 2012 (pdf 1.00Mb)
Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray Councils and their partners are working in partnership to develop services that will best support adults at risk. The three councils in Grampian have jointly contracted an independent convener, Albert Donald, who is responsible for chairing the Adult Protection Committees of each council.
Our adult protection and support section has more information about the support we can give.
You can also contact us at:
Adult Protection Network
Oldmeldrum Business Centre
Telephone: 01467 533100