Financial help

This section has information about the financial help available to help with the cost of your care. This care could be care and support services at home or in a care home.

Free personal and nursing care

Free personal and nursing care is available for all adults in Scotland who are assessed as needing these services.

More information about free personal and nursing care is available on the Scottish Government's website

Non Residential Charging Policy

Our Non Residential Charging Policy 2019 to 2020 (pdf 378KB) explains how we consider and calculate a person’s ability to contribute to their care and support services. You will never be asked to contribute more than you can afford.

The Non Residential Charging Policy doesn't include information about contributing to costs in a care home.

You can ask for a benefits health check. This makes sure you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to. If there is a benefit you may be entitled to but aren't claiming, we will direct you to the correct organisation who can help you apply.

Moving into a care home

If you move into a care home, temporarily or permanently, you may be expected to contribute to the cost of your care from your income or capital.

Our Guide to contributing towards residential or nursing care home fees (pdf 185KB) explains the financial process if you need to go into a care home. 

Contact us

If you have any questions about the financial help available, or would like more information, please call us on:

Aberdeenshire Central and North (Inverurie) 01467 533363
Aberdeenshire South (Stonehaven) 01467 538546

Help us improve