Community care services
Information about the community social care and specialist services available for people who have a range of different care needs. These services can help you, or the person you care for.
Call 03456 08 12 06 if you are experiencing personal or family problems that reach a crisis at nights, weekends or bank holidays or to ask for an assessment for community care services like care at home, occupational therapy or care management.
Find out about services for:
- Out of hours emergencies - a service available to help anyone experiencing personal or family problems that reach a crisis at nights, weekends or bank holidays.
- Older people - information on how to access support and services.
- Support for people living with dementia - information on dementia and how to find support.
- Occupational Therapy service - information about supporting you to live independently, including equipment and adaptations that can help with everyday tasks.
- People with a learning disability - the Community Learning Disability Service supports adults with a learning disability, their families and carers.
- People experiencing mental health difficulties - community care assessment and who to contact.
- People with problems as a result of drug or alcohol use - Community Substance Misuse team and Care Manager service, self help groups, community and residential rehabilitation and needle exchanges.
- People with a physical disability - information on the services and support to help maintain independence, health and well-being.
- People with sensory impairment - visual impairment, hearing loss and deafblindness services.
- People affected by domestic abuse - information on the help and support available.
- People requiring palliative care - information about social care, home care and specialist services to help people with a life threatening illness
- Employability service - a confidential service for people with disabilities and health related conditions.
- Children and young people with a disability - information about our Children and Families team and the support they can give.