Services for people experiencing mental health difficulties

Our social work service provides a number of services for people experiencing mental health difficulties. We work in partnership with other agencies and the health service to provide specialist services to help you and your family.

An assessment of your needs is done to find out what services you require. It is often done jointly with nursing and medical staff to reduce the need for duplicate assessments. This is called a community care assessment.

Many services provided to people with mental health problems are what we call mainstream services. These are services which are provided to people with a range of different needs, like:

We also provide services which support and are tailored to the needs of people with mental health problems. These include:

If you would like to a community care assessment or would like more information on the services available to you, please contact your local social work office.

Help us improve