Housing Market Area Review
In 2006, Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Councils jointly commissioned DTZ Consulting and Research to undertake a review of housing market areas.
The review found some evidence to support the extension of the existing Aberdeen Housing Market Area (HMA) boundary to include settlements such as Laurencekirk, Alford, Insch and Cruden Bay. Outwith the Aberdeen HMA, there are thought to be a series of individual sub-markets around some key settlements but these do not extend widely enough to be considered housing market areas in their own right.
Work is currently underway to produce a new Structure Plan and this gives an opportunity to re-assess the policy application of the findings on housing market areas. Conclusions from the DTZ report will be used to inform that plan.
The final report can be downloaded here:
Appendix 1 - House Sales Matrix
Appendix 1 is available as an Excel spreadsheet. To receive a copy of this file please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appendix 2a - Sasines HH 01-05 DZ Moves 5 (pdf 736kb)
- Appendix 2b - Sasines HH 01-05 DZ Moves 10 (pdf 672kb)
- Appendix 2c - Sasines HH 01-05 DZ Moves 15 (pdf 454kb)
- Appendix 3a - HH Ward Mig 10 (pdf 517kb)
- Appendix 3b - HH Ward Mig 15 (pdf 493kb)
- Appendix 3c - HH Ward Mig 25 (pdf 452kb)
- Appendix 4a - WP Ward Mig 75 (pdf 467kb)
- Appendix 4b - WP Ward Mig 100 (pdf 469kb)
- Appendix 4c - WP Ward Mig 200 (pdf 446kb)
- Appendix 5a - House Prices 2001 with Inset (pdf 215kb)
- Appendix 5b - House Prices 2005 with Inset (pdf 235kb)
- Appendix 5c - House Price Change 2001-2005 (pdf 255kb)
- Appendix 6 - Initial HMA Map (pdf 217kb)
- Appendix 7 - Attendance List (pdf 8kb)
- Appendix 8 - HMA Map - Data Zones (pdf 371kb)
For more information please email email@example.com