Development Briefs and Masterplans
Understanding Development Briefs and Masterplans
A number of Development Briefs and Masterplans have previously been prepared as Supplementary Planning Guidance. They now hold the same status as Planning Advice.
Supplementary Guidance SG LSD2: Layout, siting and design of new development states that the layout, siting and design of new developments will be approved in accordance with part 1 of the policy, where they conform "with any agreed masterplan, development brief, design statement or design code prepared for the site" .
Development Briefs and Masterplans provide in-depth guidance relating to the development a particular site including what the site should be used for, how it should be delivered, any sensitivities, design elements and other key issues or challenges that should be taken into consideration.
Where Development Briefs or Masterplans refer to previous Aberdeenshire Local Plan (2006) policies, reference should now be made to equivalent Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan (2012) policies.
- Blackhall Road, Inverurie Development Brief (pdf 780kb)
- Castle Gardens & Woodland, Ellon Development Brief (pdf 595kb)
- Colleonard, Banff Development Brief (pdf 677kb)
- Crathes Development Brief (pdf 1,102kb)
- Echt Development Brief (pdf 571kb)
- Fyfe Park, Kemnay Development Brief (pdf 891kb)
- Gauchhill, Kintore Development Brief (pdf 1780kb)
- Inverurie Town Centre North Development Brief (pdf 602kb)
- Kingseat Hospital Development Brief (pdf 4,141kb)
- Ladysbridge Development Brief (pdf 488kb)
- Millbank Development Brief (pdf 145 kb)
- Monymusk Masterplan - Part 1 (pdf 6,760kb)
- Monymusk Masterplan - Part 2 (pdf 3,876kb)
- Monymusk Masterplan - Part 3 (pdf 1,794kb)
- Pitmedden Development Brief (pdf 616kb)
- Uryside Development Framework - Part 1 (pdf 6,242kb)
- Uryside Development Framework - Part 2 (pdf 7,795kb)
- Uryside Development Framework - Part 4 (pdf 2,630kb)
- Uryside Development Framework - Part 5 (pdf 2,934kb)
- Uryside Development Framework - Part 6 (pdf 916kn)
- Westhill Town Centre Development Brief (pdf 1,503kb)
View a list that include masterplans which have been submitted by developers and are under consideration prior to submission to the Local Area Committee, and those which have been agreed by the Local Area Committee.