Who to phone in an emergency

Find out who to contact in urgent situations.

If the emergency or crisis is life threatening, phone 999. If you are worried about someone who is ill, call NHS 24 on 111.

Out of hours emergency service

Our out of hours emergency service is available 5pm to 8.45am weekdays and all weekend. Calls to these numbers are charged at local call rates. For non-emergency situations, view contact details for specific services.

Service Number
Housing repairs and dangerous buildings 03456 08 12 03
Homelessness 03456 08 12 06
Social work 03456 08 12 06

Urgent social care or someone at risk of harm 

If someone needs urgent social care or you think an adult needs protection you get in touch with your local Social Work office.

If you are worried about a child and want to report a child protection concern contact local Children and Families team.

Concerned about flooding

View flooding emergency contacts.

Emergency road or street light issue

Find out how to report an emergency road or street light issue.