Commercial or industrial premises

Nuisance can be caused by noise from commercial or industrial premises such as shops or factories and includes noise from plant, machinery, deliveries.

If a noise nuisance is found to exist an officer will contact the management informally to advise them of the problem and encourage them to take voluntary action to remedy the problem.

Where this approach is unsuccessful an abatement notice may be served to have the noise stopped and prevent any recurrence.

Noise may come from premises that have a Pollution Prevention Control permit. In these cases the enforcement authority is the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA).

Contact us to report problems with noise from commercial/industrial premises.

Report noise nuisance to us via the Noise app. The app enables anyone within Aberdeenshire to record evidence of noise  onto their smartphones and submitting it to the council.