During council home upgrades
To make sure your home improvements go smoothly for everyone:
The contractor will tell you when they need to access your home to do the work. Please help us by:
- keeping any appointment they make with you
- giving access to them to do the work
- supervising children and pets to keep them away from work areas, tools, machinery, site containers and work materials
- not smoking in work areas
- following any advice or warning notices given by contractors or staff
- providing tenant feedback if we ask you to take part in a telephone survey
All our staff and contractors carry identity cards. Please check the identity of anyone entering your home. If you have any doubts about the identity of a person trying to enter your home, do not let them in and contact us for advice.
We can offer you assistance and support before, during and on completion of the improvement works:
- The contractor will employ a Tenant Liaison Officer (TLO) to assist with the upgrade process
- Our assistance package will offer extra support to tenants in greatest need, helping you to clear cupboards, pack, unpack and a ‘Handy Person’ service to help get your home straight again
- The contractor will arrange short term, day time hospitality facilities close to your home when inside works are at their busiest
- A Housing Occupational Therapist (OT) can advise if you need any adaptations as part of the upgrade
- We can organise alternative accommodation if your special circumstances mean that you have to move out of your home temporarily
If you want to speak to us to find out more about how this assistance and support could help you, please contact us and ask for the Stock Condition Surveyor for your area.
It is important that you have the chance to provide feedback in relation to the work that we carry out to your home.
We may contact you by telephone on completion of the work to seek your views. An independent research company, IBP, undertakes these telephone surveys. Your feedback will provide us with valuable information and enable us to continually improve the service we offer you.
You can also send feedback directly to our Feedback Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: