Changing civil partnership to marriage

Couples in a civil partnership can change this to a marriage.

If you had your civil partnership in Scotland this can take the form of an administrative procedure. If your civil partnership took place outside of Scotland, or you would like to have a ceremony to mark the occasion, you will need to take part in a marriage ceremony.  Find out more about the ceremonies we offer

The Scottish Government has further information on changing a civil partnership to a marriage


You need to pay £30 if you do the administrative process. You can get a marriage certificate for an extra £10. 

If you choose to have a marriage ceremony you will need to pay the statutory fee of £100.90. For more details, view registrars fees


Please contact us if you need any assistance.