View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Fares and Ticketing
Fares on commercially operated bus services are set by bus operators, whilst the council sets fares on the council-supported bus network. In this section you can find the following information:
The following services are operated on a commercial basis on which the operator sets the fares charged, the council have no influence over these fares.
4A, 4C, 7, 7A, 7B, 7S, 10, 10A, 10B, 35, 35A, 37, 37A, 41, 41A, 60, 61, 62, 62A, 63, 66, 66A, 67, 68, 69, 69A, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 81,82, 82A, 83, 84, 107, 109, 201, 202, 203, 217, 218, 220, 270, X6, X7, X10, X17, X20, X35, X37, X60, X61, X62, X67, X68
Fare types available on bus services supported by the council:
- Adult single fares
- Adult return fares provide a discount over the cost of 2 single tickets. Return tickets are valid for 28 days.
- Child single fares, children 5-15 years, inclusive, travel at half the appropriate adult single fare (rounded up to the nearest 5 pence), accompanied children under 5 years of age travel free, subject to a maximum of two free children per fare paying adult
- Child return fares provide a discount over the cost of 2 single tickets, return tickets are valid for 28 days
- Family return tickets are offered at 2 times the adult return fare and are valid for either 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children
- Concessionary travel, free travel is available to those who hold a National Entitlement Card for Scotland-wide free bus travel, a one third discount is available for young people (aged 16 - 18 years) who hold a National Entitlement Card for Young Persons Concessionary Travel
- 10 journey tickets are valid for 10 single journeys over a 28 day period, this ticket will benefit people travelling one way on a regular basis
- 12 journey tickets are valid for 12 single journeys over a 28 day period, this ticket will benefit people travelling one way on a regular basis.
- Weekly passes provide unlimited journeys between 2 points on a service for 7 days, buy your ticket from the driver
- 4-weekly passes provide unlimited travel for 28 days
Aberdeenshire Connect scheme enables passengers to pay fares for onward bus journeys in a single transaction. A 10% fares discount is provided compared to the total cost of the individual journeys. Single and return fares are available for both adults and children.
Connect tickets are currently only available on the Central Buchan A2B dial-a-bus for onward travel to destinations such as Aberdeen, Peterhead and Ellon.
Stagecoach Bluebird, Aberdeenshire's largest bus operator offer their own through tickets on some services, giving better value when you are changing between Stagecoach buses.
If you travel on a service which you think may benefit from Aberdeenshire Connect being made available please contact us using the details below.
GrassHOPPER Multi Operator Passes
GrassHOPPER is a multi operator ticket available from all bus operators across Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City and it can be used on most bus services (only special services such as Megabus and Gig n Go are excluded).
For further information please visit the GrassHOPPER website