New Road Developments
Any person other than a roads authority who wishes to construct a new road or an extension to an existing road must apply for roads construction consent.
These standards for Road Construction Consent and Adoption, along with the accompanying specification, are intended to assist private and public developers in obtaining the necessary authority, which is required before a new road is constructed, in developing the geometric design of road layouts and in deciding on construction details.
Details on construction consent standards:
- Standards for Road Construction Consent and Adoption Issue C (PDF 1,301KB)
- Specification for Standards for Road Construction Consent and Adoption Issue B (PDF 812KB)
- Interim Amendments 17th September 2018 (PDF 105KB)
- Drawings included in Standards
- Non-Standard Details and Departures from Standards
- Summary of Recent Changes (Pdf 177KB)
Below are listed construction consent application forms:
- RCC Checklist fillable electronically (docx 213KB) - Must be submitted with each application (alternatively you can view pdf version of the checklist (pdf 511KB))
- Form of Bond - Construction Consent (PDF 146KB)
- Form CC1 - Roads Construction Consent Application Form - Issue A (PDF 37KB)
- Form CC2 - Notice for service on owners and occupiers of land fronting, abutting or comprehended in new roads or extension of existing road - Issue B (PDF 33KB)
- Form CC4 - Roads Construction Consent Notification of Works Commencement - Issue A (PDF 34KB)
- Form CC5 - Roads Construction Consent Application for Reduction in Bond Form - Issue A (PDF 41KB)
- Form CC6 - Roads Construction Consent Application for Adoption Form - Issue A (PDF 34KB)
- Form CC7 - Roads Construction Consent Application for Winter Maintenance Form - Issue A (PDF 102KB)
- Form CC8 - Roads Construction Consent Application for Electrical Connection of Street Lighting - Issue A (PDF 103KB)
Parking standards and surveys
The council publishes a set of parking standards and guidance on the provision of off-street parking. The standards are applied to new or modified developments, which are subject of a planning application. To find out more view our Car parking standards for development control in Aberdeenshire (pdf 199KB) guide.
Parking surveys may be required when a planning application does not provide the required number of parking spaces according to the council's parking standards. For guidance about parking surveys view Parking Survey Procedure – Guidance for developers (pdf 580KB).