You can receive school electronic communications via text, email or the Xpressions app. This gives you access to a more flexible way of keeping in touch.
Contact your child's school directly if you need to update your details.
Please note, any communications of a sensitive or confidential nature will be made by phone or letter.
You can receive notifications by using the Groupcall Xpressions app for mobile phone or tablet. This is free for you and the school.
There are a range of benefits including:
- Messages from the school being delivered directly to the app
- Urgent text messages duplicated into the app
- Ability to receive messages for all your children regardless if they attend multiple schools (if the school uses the service)
- Respond to selected messages and participate in surveys via the app
Using the app
To start receiving messages via the app:
- Make sure the school holds an up to date mobile number and email address (please contact the school if you need to change your details)
- Visit your phone or tablet’s apps store and install the Groupcall Xpressions app
- Enter your email address and mobile number as requested
- A verification code will be sent to your mobile as a text
- Enter the code
- Click Next for more details
To receive the messages on multiple devices simply download the app to any supported mobile or tablet and log in.
We are the Data Controller of the personal data being processed and GroupCall are our Data Processor. If you sign up, the data you provide will be used to:
- Safely and securely log you into the Groupcall products
- Ensure that we correctly identify which children’s parent/carer we need to send a communication to
- Analyse and improve the services offered by Groupcall and provide you with the most user-friendly experience (you can opt-out on signing-up to Groupcall)
Receiving and responding to messages
You will be able to respond to messages with three different options:
- Broadcast – this has no reply option
- Open – you will have the option to reply
- Closed - you will have specific reply options for example school survey
If you have further queries, please view our list of frequently asked questions (pdf 1.06MB).