Ellon and District Ward By-Election 2020
A local government by-election took place on Thursday, 15th October 2020 to elect a councillor to the Ellon and District Ward.
Declaration of results
Jim Savege, the Returning Officer for the Ellon and District ward, hereby gives notice that, after application of the Single Transferable Vote count rules, the total number of votes given for each candidate at the by-election was as follows:
- Bennett, John David (Scottish Labour Party) - 114 votes
- Crawley, John Paul (Scottish Conservative and Unionist) - 1,658 votes
- Kennedy, Peter Alexander (Scottish Green Party) - 112 votes
- Mason, Trevor Booth (Scottish Liberal Democrats) - 405 votes
- Mcallister, Louise (Scottish National Party) - 1,683 votes (elected in stage 5)
Louise Mcallister has been duly elected to serve as a councillor for the Ellon and District multi-member ward.
The number of ballot papers rejected and not counted by me at this election was as follows:
- Which does not bear a unique identifying mark in a form that is capable of being read by electronic means - 0
- On which the figure “1” standing alone is not placed so as to indicate a first preference for some candidate - 4
- On which the figure “1” standing alone indicating a first preference is set opposite the name of more than one candidate - 1
- On which anything is written or marked by which the voter can be identified except the printed number and other unique identifying mark on the back - 0
- Which is unmarked or void for uncertainty - 29
The total number of ballot papers rejected were 34.
The total electorate for the Ellon and District ward was 11,893. 2,451 of which were postal voters.
The total valid votes cast were 3,972.
The percentage poll was 33.7%
- Notice of Poll (pdf 94KB)
- Notice of Situation of Polling Places (pdf 49KB)
- Notice of Election Agents (pdf 48KB)
- Notice of Election for the Ellon and District Ward (pdf 46KB)
For any questions please email the Elections team at firstname.lastname@example.org.