Driveway access

Keep clear markings, in the form of a white "elongated H", can be laid on the road across the width of the adjacent driveway/vehicular access.

The following points should however, be noted:

  • Current charge for the keep clear marking, the applicant will be responsible for this payment along with all future maintenance costs including replacing after any roadworks (disabled badge holders are exempt from payment)
  • An Aberdeenshire council approved contractor must carry out the maintenance
  • The marking has no legal standing and is not enforceable. The Chief Constable can only take action if an actual obstruction takes place, i.e. someone is actually requiring in and out of the access at that time whereas parking on the marking is not an offence on its own
  • The marking may act as a deterrent, but the applicant should be aware of its limited effectiveness as this may not necessarily solve the problem

How to apply

Anyone who requests this type of road marking should apply by completing the application form for 'elongated H bar' keep clear markings (PDF 203KB).

The completed form should be sent to the relevant Local Roads Office.

View H bar keep clear markings application privacy notice (PDF 95KB).