Secondary school meals
Our academies offer a breakfast, morning break and lunch service.
View our plans for school meals provision from August 2020.
Secondary school menu
There are many benefits of having a school lunch:
- Food prepared daily by trained catering staff, many of whom are parents
- Choice of three main courses each day
- A range of sandwiches as an easy alternative to a home packed lunch
- A delicious and varied menu offering great value
- A complete school meal provides 1/3 of a child’s daily nutritional needs
- Free range eggs
- Fresh meat that is Red Tractor or QMS (Quality Meat Scotland) assured
- Responsibly sourced fish landed at Peterhead
- Locally sourced ingredients wherever possible – see our video about sourcing local produce to find out more
Cashless catering in academies
We operate a cashless system using the Young Scot National Entitlement card. Find out more about school payments and how to add funds to your account online. You can also top up with cash at a Revaluation Unit in the school.
Please ensure there are always sufficient funds on your child’s account prior to sending them for school meals. There is a formal debt recovery process for accounts that fall into debt.
Schools should be advised of any food allergies or medically prescribed dietary support during the school induction process or when a condition is identified. Find out more about special diets.
We are committed to providing the best service possible and invite comments and suggestions. You can email us at email@example.com.