View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Secondary school meals
We are committed to providing a service and making sure the health and wellbeing of the pupils and our staff are at the front of everything we do.
All Academies provide a modern counter service. We have a Fusion App available to pupils that works alongside our normal service. The mobile App is not a replacement service.
To get the Fusion App please contact your school who will provide you with further information.
Our academies also offer a breakfast, morning break and lunch service.
Secondary school menu
There are many benefits of having a school lunch:
- Food prepared daily by trained catering staff, many of whom are parents
- Choice of three main courses each day
- A range of sandwiches as an easy alternative to a home packed lunch
- A delicious and varied menu offering great value
- A complete school meal provides 1/3 of a child’s daily nutritional needs
- Free range eggs
- Fresh meat that is Red Tractor or QMS (Quality Meat Scotland) assured
- Responsibly sourced fish landed at Peterhead
- Locally sourced ingredients wherever possible – see our video about sourcing local produce to find out more
Cashless catering in academies
We operate a cashless system using the Young Scot National Entitlement card. Find out more about school payments and how to add funds to your account online. You can also top up with cash at a Revaluation Unit in the school.
Due to current coronavirus guidelines we require your support to restrict the handling of cash in schools to reduce the transmission of coronavirus. Please can we ask all parents to register prior to the start of term to make online payments.
Please ensure there are always sufficient funds on your child’s account prior to sending them for school meals. There is a formal debt recovery process for accounts that fall into debt.
Schools should be advised of any food allergies or medically prescribed dietary support during the school induction process or when a condition is identified. Find out more about special diets.
We are committed to providing the best service possible and invite comments and suggestions. You can email us at email@example.com.