Services for people with sensory impairment

We provide a range of services and support for people with sensory impairment in the community. There are mainstream care and support services for those with a range of different needs, which are available to all. There are also specialist services designed to meet the needs of people who have a significant sight or hearing loss or have both.

These services are coordinated by the Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership. We aim to help people maintain their health and well-being and to live active and independent lives in their communities.

If you feel you need support please call 03456 08 12 06. We will take some details and someone from the Health and Social Care team will contact you. They will discuss your circumstances and arrange to meet you to assess your needs, if appropriate. Whether an assessment or support is provided is based on our eligibility criteria.

At the assessment, the worker will discuss with you what you are finding difficult. They will also consider your strengths and what is important to you.

We can offer a variety of care and support services depending on your circumstances:

If you need ongoing care and support we will discuss Self-directed support (SDS) with you. SDS gives you control over an individual budget and lets you choose how it is used to arrange your support.

You may be asked to contribute towards your care and support. Some support, such as social support, may be chargeable. Our charging policy gives more information. You won't be asked to contribute more than it costs to provide the care and support you receive.

View our Adult and Older People Services privacy notice (PDF 297KB) to find out how information about you is gathered and used.