Booking your visit to the household recycling centre
On 1st of June 2020 our recycling centres reopened by booking only. We introduced a booking system to maintaining social distancing, reduce the waiting times of visitors to each recycling centre and help manage traffic to avoid a dangerous build-up of cars on the roads. Thank you for your support and understanding as we work hard to keep the household recycling centres open while keeping everyone safe.
Peterhead reopened on 8th June 2020 following the completion of essential repairs. The smaller centres at Insch and Portsoy will reopen on 23rd June 2020. Alford recycling centre remains closed for refurbishment works.
On this page you can find out more about booking a visit:
- Who cannot visit a recycling centre
- Before you book a visit
- How to make a booking
- British Sign Language (BSL) version
Please do not visit a recycling centre if you or anyone in your household:
- Has tested positive for COVID-19
- Has COVID-19 symptoms
- If you are shielding or at greatest risk from COVID-19
Here is what you need to know before you make a booking:
- We are allowing 2 visits per householder in a 7 day period
- Only come to a recycling centre when you have booked a slot - there are no exceptions and anyone without a booking will be turned away
- Sort your waste before leaving home so that you can unload it as quickly as possible into the correct containers
- Maintain physical distancing whilst taking your materials into the correct containers. We will limit the number of people on site to make sure this is possible
- Wash your hands before and after your visit (and wear gloves if possible)
- Ensure any COVID-19 contaminated waste is left for 72 hours (3 days) before double-bagging and bringing to site
To make a booking, you must:
- Be a resident of Aberdeenshire
- Bring household waste only – trade waste is not allowed
Slots are released daily 7 days in advance, so please keep on checking back if you don’t manage to get a slot initially.
For those who don't have access to internet, telephone booking can be made by calling the council’s Wasteline on 03456 081207.
Please note that booking confirmation emails can be significantly delayed at busy times, please wait a good while before contacting us.
If you need to change your car registration after booking, please cancel your booking (using a link in your confirmation email) and rebook.
Trailer and van bookings - please ensure you select a trailer or van as your vehicle type in the dropdown menu, as we need to allow more space for trailers and vans and cannot allow them in with a car booking. We cannot change the vehicle type after you have made a booking, so please cancel your car booking and rebook for trailer or van.
If you are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, please watch a video highlighting our arrangements for household recycling centres.