Severe weather

What to do in extreme weather including snow, ice, flooding or storm and who to contact for help, further information and updates.

Emergency contacts

If you are injured or in danger phone 101 otherwise call NHS 24 on 111 for any non-urgent injuries or health concerns.

Council contacts:


Report power outages to Scottish and Southern Energy by calling 105.

Report loss of water to Scottish Water.

Fallen trees

Report trees fallen on roads and debris to Police Scotland by calling 101.

Find out how to report non-emergency tree issues on roads, within council housing, issues with protected trees or trees in conservation areas.


Check for flood warnings on the SEPA website.

View flooding emergency contacts, information on sandbags and flood protection products and how to prepare for rain and flooding.


Find out how to report road faults. If the issue creates an immediate threat to safety please report an emergency road fault by phone.

Check for road closures. You can sign up for road closure and road works email alerts via the myAberdeenshire dashboard.

Snow ands ice

Check which roads are getting gritted. View roads winter maintenance for further information on gritting and snow clearing. 


Check for school closures and school transport changes.

You can sign up for:

Waste and recycling

If your bins weren't emptied, check for disruptions to bin collections.

Check for latest updates on waste and recycling services on the Recycling and Waste Aberdeenshire Facebook page. You can sign up for push notifications about changes to bin collections via the myAberdeenshire app.