Ellon recycling centre
From 28th November 2022 no booking is required at Ellon recycling centre on Wednesdays and Saturdays for cars, pickups, campervans and mobility adapted vehicles. There is no pedestrian access. Find out more about trial booking changes at recycling centres and limits on commercial-type vehicles.
Location and site layout
There may be occasional short delays on the access road to the recycling centre due to additional refuse collection vehicles and hauliers accessing Ellon Waste Transfer Station.
Balmacassie Commercial Park
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm
- Friday 9am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4.30pm
Our opening times might change over Christmas and New Year.
Book a visit
View trial changes at recycling centres to check if you need a booking to visit.
We are not able to collect waste engine oil due to the tank being full. Please use the nearest alternative site that accepts engine oil.
Items accepted at the Ellon centre:
- batteries (household and car)
- blue bin recycling
- bulky items
- cooking oil
- electrical appliances (anything with a plug or batteries)
- currently not accepted: engine oil
- fluorescent tubes (including energy-saving light bulbs)
- garden waste
- gas cylinders
- glass bottles and jars
- polystyrene expanded (EPS) (please break up any large lengths of polystyrene before taking this to the household recycling centre)
- rubble and ceramics
- rigid plastic (laundry baskets, buckets, toys, plant pots, drainage pipes and hard hats)
- scrap metal
- soil and turf
- wood (including treated)
- non-recyclable waste
- re-use charitable goods
View a more detailed list of items we accept and what to do with items we don't accept. You can also view a list of materials accepted at all our recycling centres (PDF 83KB).
What you can collect
You can collect the following recycling equipment from the centre:
- battery bags
- food caddy liners
- indoor blue food waste caddies
- green outdoor food caddies
- bin straps