Turriff recycling centre
From 8th January 2024 visits to Turriff recycling centre are restricted by booking only for commercial type vehicles and trailers, other vehicles don't need to book. Find out about limits on commercial type vehicles and trailers.
Location and site layout
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm
- Friday 9am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4.30pm
Our opening times might change over Christmas and New Year.
Book a visit
Pedestrian access without booking is available daily, 12pm to 12.30pm.
Vehicles are banned during those times to allow pedestrians, bicycles, and bikes with trailers safe access. Please don't park your vehicle outside the centre and walk in as this causes spillages and issues for passing traffic.
Items accepted at the Turriff centre:
- batteries (household and car)
- blue-lidded bin recycling and orange-lidded bin recycling
- bulky items
- cooking oil
- electrical appliances (anything with a plug or batteries)
- engine oil
- fluorescent tubes (including energy-saving light bulbs)
- garden waste
- gas cylinders
- glass bottles and jars
- rubble and ceramics
- scrap metal
- soil and turf
- wood (including treated)
- non-recyclable waste
View a more detailed list of items we accept and what to do with items we don't accept. You can also view a list of materials accepted at all our recycling centres (PDF 83KB).
What you can collect
You can collect the following recycling equipment from the centre:
- battery bags
- food caddy liners
- indoor blue food waste caddies
- green outdoor food caddies
- bin straps